959 Panigale Ducati
2017 Ducati Superbike 959 Panigale
Ducati Red M.S.R.P. $ 15,395
Arctic White Silk M.S.R.P. $ 15,695
The perfect balance
The fine balance between performance and control that every supersport motorcycle strives to achieve reaches its pinnacle in the new 959 Panigale. All combined in a unique design, which hallmarks the bike as an immediately recognizable member of the Ducati Superbike family. Lightweight and ready to thrill, thanks to its new 955 cc Superquadro engine and exclusive monocoque frame that ensure great handling and precision control. High level components such as a Brembo monoblock braking system with Bosch ABS, a slipper clutch, a Showa BPF fork and fully adjustable Sachs rear monoshock, and Riding Modes and Ducati Quick Shift all provide maximum control and safety.
- MONOCOQUE TECHNOLOLGY: The 959 Panigale’s chassis follows the innovative Monoscocca concept: different components have been integrated to give shape to a single compact and lightweight element. This monocoque structure in cast aluminum for increased strength uses the Superquadro engine as a structural element, forming the motorcycle’s lightweight core. The rear of the monocoque frame is fixed directly to the cylinder head, and at its front is the steering tube. In addition to performing the traditional function of a frame, the monocoque also acts as an airbox. Housed inside it, in addition to the air filter, are the throttle bodies and fuel circuit complete with injectors; and the bottom of the steel tank becomes its cover when mounted in place.
- EXCHAUST SYSTEM: The 959 Panigale features a new, lateral “cannon” style exhaust with twin aluminum silencers, which complies fully with Euro 4 regulations. A stainless steel pre-silencer sits under the engine, keeping the weight of the catalyzer close to the bike’s central axis for optimal handling.
- ERGONOMICS: The 959 Panigale has been ergonomically designed for a perfect integration between rider and motorcycle. A comfortable seat, narrow width, grippy machined footpegs, and carefully placed handlebar location provide the perfect position from which to command the bike with confidence and precise control, on the track or the street.
- DUCATI TRACTION CONTROL (DTC): The Ducati Traction Control (DTC) monitors control of the slipping of the rear tyre and operates on the basis of eight different levels of interaction, each of which has been programmed to respond to a different tolerance to rear slipping. Each Riding Mode is assigned a pre-set level of activation. Level 8 indicates an activation of the system at the detection of the slightest slipping, while Level 1, reserved for very expert riders, has a higher tolerance and thus a less invasive intervention of the system.
- DUCATI QUICK SHIFT (DQS): The Ducati Quick Shift (DQS) is the electronic system that manages the gearbox and is used in competitions. It allows the gear to be engaged on acceleration without the use of the clutch and while maintaining the throttle open. The feature enables the rider to gain precious fractions of seconds, helping to considerably reduce lap times.
- TRANSFORM AND PERFORM: On or off the track, you can transform your Superbike with two exclusive packages offering a host of high-performance accessories in tune with your needs. Turn your Superbike into the ultimate racing model with specific high-tech components or add features that will improve your experience when touring. Sport and Touring: choose one or both packs to complete the ideal set-up for your motorcycle. These Packages are offered at an additional cost
|Model||SUPERBIKE 959 PANIGALE||Color||Ducati Red
Artic Silk White
|Brakes||Front – 2 x 320 mm semi-floating discs, radially mounted Brembo monoblock M4.32 4-piston calipers, with Bosch ABS as standard.||Wheels||Front – 10-spoke light alloy 3.50 in. x 17 in.
Rear – 10 spokes light alloy 5.50 in. x 17 in.
|Rear – 245 mm disc, 2-piston caliper, with Bosch ABS as standard|
|Tires||Front – 120/70 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa||Rear – 180/60 ZR17 Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa|
|Length||53.9 in. (1,115 mm)||Seat Height||32.7 in. (830 mm)|
|Width||80.9 in. (2,056 mm)|
|Dry Weight 387 lbs.||Dry weight data refers to the motorcycle without battery, lubricants and coolants for liquid-cooled models.||Curb – 440 lb.
|Curb weights indicate total bike weight with all operating consumable liquids and a fuel tank filled to 90% of capacity|
|Wheelbase||56.34 in. (1,431 mm)||Seat Height||32.48 in. (830 mm)|
|Transmission||6 speed with Ducati Quick Shift (DQS)||Final Drive||Chain; Front sprocket 15; Rear sprocket 43|
|Engine||Superquadro – L-twin cylinder, 4 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, liquid cooled||Horsepower||157 hp. @ 10,500 rpm (115.5 kW)|
|Displacement||955 cc||Bore x Stroke||100 x 60.8 mm|
|Torque||79.2 lb-ft @ 9,000 rpm (107.4 Nm)||Compression Ratio||12.5:1|
|Fuel System||Mitsubishi electronic fuel injection system. Twin injectors per cylinder. Full Ride-by-Wire elliptical throttle bodies||Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal. (US) – (17 l)|
|Clutch||Slipper and self-servo wet multiplate clutch with hydraulic control||Cooling||Liquid|
|Exhaust||2 – 1 – 2 system with catalytic converter and 2 lambda probes. Twin stainless steel mufflers with aluminum end caps.||Gear Ratio||1=37/15
|Primary Drive||Straight cut gears; Ratio 1.77:1||Frame||Monocoque aluminum|
|Suspension||Front – Fully adjustable Showa BPF fork. 43 mm chromed inner tubes.
Rear – Fully adjustable Öhlins TTX36 unit. Electronic compression and rebound damping adjustment with semi-active mode. Adjustable linkage – Progressive/flat. Aluminum single-sided swingarm.
Travel Front – 120 mm (4.72 in), Travel Rear – Fully adjustable Sachs unit. Aluminum double-sided swingarm
|Trail||96 mm (3.78 in)||Instrumentation||Full LCD display|
|Colors||Ducati Red M.S.R.P. $ 15,395
Arctic White Silk M.S.R.P. $ 15,695
|Includes||Standard Equipment – Riding Modes, Power Modes, ABS, DTC, DQS, EBC, Fully RbW, Steering damper, DDA+ Ready, steering damper|
|Warranty||24 months unlimited mileage|